Thursday, September 12, 2013

Interactive Writing Freebie and More...



It's been awhile since my last post and lots has happened.  I promised you all a classroom tour and unfortunately I just haven't gotten my act together yet!  But, I do have this picture of a tool that I absolutely love and am very happy with.  It is a teachers pay teachers product from Mr. Hugh's over at An Educator's Life.


He didn't ask me to post about it, I just felt I needed to because the visual has been fantastic for my grade sixes and sevens!  They love being able to go up and draw a card and mark the place on the bingo board. I love it too because it gives me a visual that is easy to keep track of!  Thanks Mr. Hughs!!!

Okay, so here is the freebie.  It isn't my own idea but I made it as a way to introduce revising strategy ARMS.  I have spent the last week and a half getting students to write on their heart maps, then choose a topic and create a web to brainstorm the story (basically summer recounts).  Most of them have at least one or two stories written, so it was time to move on to the revising strategy ARMS.  I researched this idea  a lot online and put together this foldable below to go in our interactive writing notebooks.  It definitely isn't overly pretty...but it worked and I thought maybe I could save some of you some time by posting mine!!
Click here to get the Subheadings for the flipbook and click here to get the inside cut and paste!  In the future I may change the lettering so that they can colour it, but for now, I feel it is good enough.







I have lots more to post and hope to link up with Five for Friday for my first post over there.  This is the first couple weeks back to school after my MAT leave so things have been kind of hectic, not to mention that our classes may be reorganizing soon.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I have 31 kiddos in my grade 6/7 class this year!
Hope you are having a thoughtful Thursday!






No comments:

Post a Comment